Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Before and After - Kitchen Table

As some of you know, my boyfriend Ben, LOVES free stuff. He's had this table since a friend from college gave it to him as she was moving out of her apartment. After living and using it daily as teal and yellow (and one chair teal and white) I finally decided it was time for a new look. It is a great solid wood table that just needed a little love. I really wanted to paint it a great bold green and white but we are renting and our apartment currently has a green kitchen (to the right of this photo) and also a gold living room wall. I love both colors so I went a completely different direction and pulled a blue and gray that would compliment the area rug.
At first I lived with the table and chairs without the pattern on the chairs for a few days but they felt too simple and boring. Finally, I decided to add a detail to the chairs. Overall, I like the change but definitely need to work on my hand swirl painting skills!

1 comment: